Health Promotion Appointment
During a Health Promotion Appointment (HPA), a student will meet one-on-one with an Alice! team member to discuss resources and services to support health and well-being, including on- and off-campus resources. The purpose of this visit is to guide and direct students to resources and systems of support as well as high-quality health information.
HPAs are non-diagnostic, non-clinical, and not therapy. Sessions are confidential and HIPAA-compliant. All sessions are offered virtually, unless otherwise requested.
What do you talk about during an HPA?
Topics might include, but are not limited to:
- Navigating your health insurance provider directory
- Navigating resource directories compiled by local, state, or federal agencies, as well as other organizations that support health and well-being
- Finding a Primary Care Provider (PCP) or medical specialist
- Finding a Mental Health provider
- Identifying systems of support, including University staff, advisors, friends, family, peers, or community-based resources
Columbia Health Resource Navigation
- Navigating services offered by Alice! Health Promotion
- Getting connected to other units at Columbia Health
Identify and get connected to resources that meet your needs
On-campus resources to support student well-being, including University-wide offices or School-specific programs and staff
- Finding a health care provider off-campus – either elsewhere in NYC or back home
- Navigating a bill from an off-campus provider or healthcare facility
Relationship Building & Partnerships
Interested in partnering with Alice! Health Promotion? You can chat about tailoring a workshop for your organization/office; consult on health literacy or best practices for supporting student well-being; discuss collaboration opportunities for creating a healthy campus environment/community; and more!
Alice! Health Promotion offers a variety of workshops and trainings to students and student groups affiliated with the University.
HPAs are available to any currently enrolled Columbia University student at the Morningside/Manhattanville campuses.
How to Schedule
Complete the Health Promotion Appointment Intake Form. After submitting the intake form, you will receive a follow-up email with a link to schedule an appointment.
Seeking more immediate support?
Attend Health Education Drop-in Hours, either in person or virtually.
**Note: Drop-in hours are suspended when classes are not in session. **