Need vaccines prior to travel?
Columbia Health recommends that students receive all routine childhood vaccinations: an updated tetanus booster, a vaccination for hepatitis B (3-dose series), and one for varicella (chickenpox).
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR) (Fees apply for pre-matriculation administration)
- Hepatitis A, B, or a combination
- Human papillomavirus (Gardasil) for students age 26 or younger
- Meningococcal meningitis (Menactra, Menumune) (Fees apply for pre-matriculation administration)
- Pneumococcal (Pneumovax) if clinically indicated
- Tetanus/Diphtheria or Tetanus/Diphtheria/Pertussis
- Varicella (chickenpox)
- Zoster (only appropriate for students over the age of 60)
- Seasonal Influenza
We strongly suggest students establish care with a Columbia Health primary care provider prior to receiving vaccines. Contact Medical Services at 212-854-7426 in advance to ensure we can accommodate your schedule and bring documentation of your immunization history for evaluation.
Cost of Vaccination
Most routine vaccines are available to students who have paid the full Columbia Health and Related Services Fee.
Vaccinations are available at minimal cost for students who have not paid the Columbia Health and Related Services Fee. Charges may be paid to Columbia Health by cash, check, or credit card (only Visa or MasterCard accepted).