How to Enroll in Voluntary Dental/Vision Insurance Plans
Important: voluntary dental/vision premiums are paid directly to Aetna, not through your Columbia University student account. Please have a method of payment ready (credit card or checking account) to complete your transaction.
Please have the following information ready before you begin the process:
- Your UNI
- If applicable: Full name, date of birth, and contact information of dependent/s
Step-by-step instructions are available below the walk-through video.
- Visit Aetna Student Health.
- Click Enroll.
- Enter your UNI and date of birth. Click Login.
- Click Select Plan under the voluntary plans you would like to have. If applicable, click Add Dependents on each of the plans for which you would like to enroll dependents.
- On the right hand side, click Continue.
- Enter your personal information and address information. Click Continue on the right hand side.
- If applicable, enter dependent information, read the eligibility requirement, and click the checkbox. Click Save.
- Click Continue on the right hand side.
- If applicable, add additional dependents. Otherwise, click Continue on the right hand side.
- In the Plan Effective/Termination Dates screen, select “Annual” under the Plan Term dropdown and click the checkboxes to agree to the terms and conditions for each voluntary plan you are enrolling in. Click Continue on the right hand side.
- Enter your payment information and click Continue on the right hand side.
- Review your information and follow final directions to complete the enrollment process.
If you have any questions or need assistance with enrolling in the Voluntary Dental or Vision Insurance Plans, please contact Aetna Student Health’s Customer Service at 1-800-859-8471.